Dhrubotara Youth Development Foundation (DYDF) has completed a very effective, participatory divisional youth conference on SDG at Chattogram Jila Parishad Hall Room. Honorable Mayor of Chattogram city corporation Mr. A J M Nasir joined as the chief guest.
Two hundred plus youth organization’s and youth activists, students, media personalities, educators, NGO representatives joined on that event.
Documentary on SDG and DYDF , special presentation on SDG displayed by DYDF on that event for understanding.
DYDF Executive Director Mr. Amiya Prapan Chakra Borty chaired that session, Director of PHP Group Md. Parvez, CEO of Ranks FC Properties Mr. Tanvir Shahriar Rimon, Dean of Law Faculty, Chittagong University Prof ABM Abu Noman , JCI CTG President joined as panel speaker.
After session, group work and question answer session also arranged and youth delegates and speakers given some specific proposal and observations to implement SDG:
- Youth Development Budget is not satisfactory
- Youth and sports ministry need to be separated and one stop service is required
- SDG Financing is the major challenge and PPP, new partnership model need to explore
- Youth Bank can be a solution for youth financing and employment creation
- Volunteer organizations need more support from INGO’s and government for SDG oriented activities
- Environmental issue is a big challenge for Chottogram. Chokoria Mangrove Forest part need to be protected and stability , justice and good governance is most essential for hill tracts districts
- Youth Finance product is required for entrepreneurship development and youth friendly governance is most important.
- “Rohingya Crisis” is a big challenge for entire region, specially southern part of Chottogram, we want to a transparent, quick, effective solution and safe returning of that community is most important.
- Ethnic community need more support for their livelihood development, basic rights. This conference also demanded justice for recent violence’s at Hill tract districts.
- City corporation need to be youth friendly and Mayor committed to give priority on SDG , including youth focusing & engaging initiatives.
- Youth Clubs, Youth Organizations, volunteer organizations, youth led initiatives engagement on SDG implementation process is most important and need to do it urgently.
- SDG Trust fund is required for SDG implementation focus initiatives supporting.
- Blue Economy can be a change making fact for SDG achieving and positive growth, private sectors engagement and youth engagement effective steps is required for economical growth.
- Youth Parliament/ Youth Council need to be establish by Government urgently based on National Youth Policy
- Youth loan by MOYS, 70,000-1,20,000 is not enough for any project nowadays. Minimum 5 lac tk required for an effective initiative.
- Youth Organization registration process need to me more friendly and easier.
- Clean city ensuring is most important and DYDF will take some initiatives with interested other youth organization and CDA, City corporation for a positive change.
Finally certificate and materials distributed to all delegates by the guests.