Society for Development Initiatives (SDI)
Established in 1993, is a non-profit social development enterprise registered with Social Service Department-GoB, NGOAB, Reg. of Jt. Stock Companies and MRA of Bangladesh Bank. SDI has 70 Branch and 20 Project Offices in 14 districts with total staff strength of 600. SDI is eligible to receive external grants and credit fund for MC, ME and Development programs.
SDI’s creed being “Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs”. Investing more in women to reduce poverty is the strategy of SDI.
- Promote access to institutional resources/ facilities for sustainable social and economic development.
- Sustainable livelihood and social conditions for rural women.
- Protection, promotion and regeneration of environment.
- Promotion of KAP on Water, Health and Sanitation
- Advocacy and social mobilization for human and children’s right.
- Technology support for IEG.
- Humanitarian Capacity Building.
Organisational and Communication Focal Person for the Citizen’s Platform
Md. Ashraf Hossain
Program Officer (Development)
House # 2/4 (3rd floor), Block- C, Shajahan Road, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207.
Phone: +88-02-9122210, 9138686
Social media: Facebook